At Enamel Dental we take Health and Safety very seriously. With the recent events surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to let you know that we have made the decision to close the office to protect our patients and our staff until further notice. However, we do anticipate re-opening our office on Monday, 30 March 2020 at 8 am.
Information about Scheduled Appointments
We have made every effort to contact anyone who had a scheduled appointment from Monday March 16th to Friday March 20th. If we did not speak with you personally, rest assured that we will contact you to rebook once we have more information.
If you have any questions about your appointment, please feel free to send us an email to [email protected]
COVID-19 & Our Dental Practice
We are and have been in constant communication with relevant bodies, including the Interior Health Authority, The College of Dental Surgeons of BC, and The College of Dental Hygienists of BC.
We are keeping a vigilant eye out for any new information from the WHO and our Governing bodies, both Federal and Provincial.
The Enamel Dental team recently attended a Dental Conference. Since then, one other attendee (not related to our team) has received a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
None of our team members were in the same building as this conference attendee. Moreover, none of us have displayed any symptoms related to COVID-19.
However, we have decided to close our practice for the time being out of an abundance of caution. We feel that, as healthcare professionals, we need to set the right example for our wonderful community.
We are anticipating the office will re-open on Monday, March 30th at 8 am.
From that date, we will be implementing the following measures:
- If you travelled outside of Canada, you need to reschedule your appointment for 14 days from your date of return.
- If you have been in contact with someone who recently returned from abroad, you should reschedule your appointment for 14 days from their date of return.
- When entering our office please use the hand sanitizer provided at check-in & check out.
- All magazines and children’s games have been removed from the waiting room.
- Patient appointments will be scheduled in a way that recognizes and promotes social distancing.
- Our staff will frequently disinfect seating areas and surfaces throughout the day with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Enamel Dental will continue to maintain our high level of sterilization between every patient.
- Our staff are being provided with increased awareness and communication about COVID-19 and recommendations put out by our governing bodies.
- Staff will practice frequent hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, and self-isolation when ill.
- Staff who have travelled within the past 14 days are required to self-isolate.
Oral Health Month: April 2020
We continue to look forward to Oral Health Month in April. Expect fun facts, helpful tips, and plenty of information across our social platforms!
As new information comes out, we will continue to update our patients. Our goal is to provide our patients with the best and safest possible treatment.
Should you have any questions about our policies, please do not hesitate to contact our office directly.